Monday, February 6, 2012

My Review: "Chronicle"


OMG! I have to tell y'all about "Chronicle"! This movie has given me hope about the future of sci-fi films.
Andrew, Steve and Matt
"Chronicle" follows 3 teens who develops powers from a mysterious alien rock. They learn how to use their abilities in fun and exciting way, but everything changes when one of them discovers how powerful he really is.

I really enjoyed it and I will share some bits and pieces with y'all, vague, bullet point style.
  • The writing is spot on and realistic.
  • I love the fact that the actors are unknowns. You really get invested in them quickly.
  • Andrew's troubled life was very sad to watch; you knew what was coming once he developed superpowers.
  • The scenes of them using their powers were great and very interesting to watch.
  • High School can suck, even if you are powerful.
  • Matt was a great hero in the movie.
  • Steve reminded me of Sync from Generation X.
  • There's no need for an American version of "Akira", this is it.
  • This is probably the best "video/found footage" type of film in years.
  • This is also one of best movies of the year.
  • The battle scenes was very good, better than any Transformer battle scene made.
  • There can be more stories told with these characters.
  • I love the mystery of the alien rock.
  • This movie is what the NBC failed series, "Heroes" could've been.
Again, this was a great film. I highly recommend it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the idea of them being unknown actors. I liked the one dude who was singing that ching song.

WilsonW said...

I mentioned on my face page that me and some friends are having a "How Long will the Brother live" Contest. We are placing bets and we'll see who wins once we go see it this week. Of course no one wins if he lives, but really, what are the chances of that?

So Vik, will one of us win?

reggie said...

None of u recognize Michael B. Jordan from THE WIRE or ALL MY CHILDREN or FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS?

Cubby said...

Greg just mentioned this movie to me last night and I'm dying to go see it. Hopefully this week...

Ron said...

Thanks for the tip. I do love a good movie and especially a good sic-fi movie. I'll take your recommendation and put "Chronicle" on my Netflix list.

Jamie Paisley said...

My Michael B. Jordan rundown (c/o Reggie)

THE WIRE: Haven't seen it. At this point, I'm too intimidated to see it from the uber-uber-hype.
ALL MY CHILDREN: Bitch, please. I have a day job.
FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS: Saw 2½ seasons & already got bored with recycling character plotlines & dropped it. MBJ was not yet in the cast.

mr_ct said...

MBJ was also in "Red Tails".

Anonymous said...

This movie sucked. I saw it and it ended the same way all the others did. Don't be black i a movie for you are short lived.

Daij said...

I plan to see this movie this week

Unknown said...

YES, me and my friend did think of Akira when watching it.
I love that it was found footage style... therefore it had no soundtrack to push your emotions. So everything I felt was authentic.
And I agree with every bullet point.
I would like more of this story, if guided by the same careful hands that made this gem. (Should make a great series, globe trotting around the world with powers).
OMG, the battle scenes were so awesome. Vs Transformers, where I don't even know what the hell is going on half the time.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.