Thursday, February 9, 2012

Did You Watch "The River"? I did


Lord, I wasted 2 hours watching the mess on mess, The River.

This is not a review, this is more of a rant. The River comes from the minds of Paranormal Activity (strike 1). This series is also done in a "found footage" format as well.

The story is about a Doctor finding this mysterious place, then goes missing. His family and friends go looking him and runs into haunted dolls and sink holes. There are flashbacks and hints about the mysteries of this jungle.

To cut to it, this show was a big pot of crap! The story was nothing new, the scenes seemed to be from LOST's cutting room floor and the writing was blotchy. I really can't see this series lasting beyond the 1st season. It's too much and it's all over the place.

Hopefully, they will tie this story together soon or it's finished. I will give this series a few more episodes; but if continue down this path, I have to leave it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Humans are the real monsters fuck a monster.

Bob said...

I have it on the DVR. I may rethink the viewing because I got a Lost sense of deja vu, too.

Kyle Leach said...

Sounds awful V. Going to skip it.

K. Clark said...

You should see Chronicle if you haven't already. It's a "found footage" movie but it doesn't come off cheap/Blair Witchy.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.