Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Interesting Quote: Sam Adams



I was forty-[two], however many years older than he was. And an elected official. I think the difference in age and the fact that I was an elected official made it inappropriate.... [E]lected officials are held to higher standards, and I know that. I can say, at the time, I was very flattered by the attention.

I’d recently ended my 11-year relationship. I was dating again. I didn’t think it through....
When a straight person screws up, and there have been a number of straight political figures who have, I don’t think that paints a brush on all straight politicians. I think that American’s are smart enough to know that we’re all unique. We’re all individuals.

-his statement on why he went after Beau Breedlove.

2 comments:

J. Clarence said...

He is absolutely right: people can and have used this incident to make broad claims of all gay people. Which is not is not surprising as they will just about anything.

The incident(s) where that female teacher had sex with a student doesn't suggest that all female teachers are sexual predators, just as this case does not suggest that all gay mayors, or potential gay mayors, are politically brain-dead.

But smart thinking on his part. Jumping on the "They are against because I am gay" wagon, rather than "I should have seen this coming when I chose to run for Mayor."

Anonymous said...

When is the TV movie coming out because it's gonna be hot!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.