Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Act of Human Kindness


Henrietta Hughes is the woman who bared her soul at President Obama's stimulus town meeting yesterday. She pleaded for help and a miracle after losing her home during the economy fallout. After the nation heard her story, she received her heart's desire.

Henrietta was offered a home by Chene Thompson, wife of State Representative Nick Thompson. Chen said to her, "Just give me the opportunity to help you."

Some will say this was a political ploy, but I think it was really...kindness. Does that exist anymore? I believe so, I guess we all should. Maybe there is hope to come as we hit the bottom. It usually how it starts, right?

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.